Simultaneous Interpretation Equipment
Conference Interpreters require a soundproof booth and specialized technical equipment to perform their work. When renting equipment, here are a few points to keep in mind:
- Rent the complete sound system, including: microphones, headphones, consoles, receivers, amplifiers, transmitters from one provider. This will guarantee technical compatibility and good quality sound.
- Provide the technical company with a detailed overview of your meeting, including: room size, layout, meeting style, number of participants, etc. Your supplier will then be able to advise you on the type of system (i.e. infra-red, wireless, etc.) as well as the number and type of microphones and receivers you will require.
- Request that a technician be in the meeting room at all times.
- Make sure the booths comply with ISO standards 2603 and 4043 in terms of size, sound-proofing, ventilation, visibility, etc.
- Ensure that the booth is positioned in such a way that the interpreters have an unimpeded view of the speakers and the screens.
ICI will be happy to put you in touch will a reputable equipment company. Contact us for more information.