Planning your event
There are a number of important details to keep in mind when planning a successful multilingual event.
Guide to organizing an event requiring simultaneous interpretation
The following is a general checklist to use. Your answers to the questions below will help us to provide you with an accurate estimate and strategy for the event.
1. The Basics
- What are the languages being spoken at the event?
- What type of event or meeting is it?
- What date is your event?
- What is the schedule for the event?
- Will you use simultaneous or consecutive interpreting?
2. The Facilities
- Does the venue have built-in interpreting booths?
- If not, is there sufficient room for mobile booths?
- Will the positioning of the booths provide the interpreters with a view of the meeting room and projection screens?
- Are you in contact with an SI (Simultaneous Interpretation) equipment supplier?
- Do you intend to provide interpretation in more than one room?
3. The Speakers
- Do the speakers know that they will be interpreted?
- Which languages are being spoken by the speakers?
- Will they be speaking from a script?
- Will they be speaking from a PowerPoint presentation?
- Can a script or PowerPoint presentation be supplied to the interpreters prior to the event?
You can also refer to Tips for Conference Organisers on the AIIC website.
What our clients have to say
Thank you for the outstanding interpretation services that you provided for the FIFA Women's World Cup 2015...
We would highly recommend ICI to anyone requiring top-level, professional conference interpretation...
I would recommend ICI to anyone who is in need of translation services. Very clear, easy to understand, best company yet...